Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?). Thank you for being you.

Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?).  Thank you for being you.
Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?). Thank you for being you.

Saturday, June 25, 2016

“All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth”

OK, it may seem strange to you that I'd use a line from a Christmas song for a blog post title in June. However, it is exactly six months until Christmas today, so, I figured, what better day to post my wishlist for Alex for the upcoming Season 8?

Actually, the wishlist is very short, albeit still not very realistic.

The biggest wish is pretty simple: I want at least one episode this year (preferably more) that focuses on what Alex is doing on campus, with minimal interaction with her family (i.e. like her therapy story from “Under Pressure”, the majority of which was just conversation between Alex and Dr. Clark). It doesn't necessarily have to involve her studies either – I'll settle for a story about some big social event (like the cannonball event last season, but as a main story itself and not a side story relating to Alex and Phil's story).

Of course, the chance of this happening is slim, since a story like the one from “Under Pressure” is very much an outlier for the series (not just for Alex but the others as well) – most of the stories involve more than one of the family members interacting with each other (of course there can be outsiders involved).

The one other thing on my list would be a story which shows Alex on a date – either with Sanjay or someone else (except Reuben). This is one thing I don't think we've seen that is long overdue – usually the most we see is Alex leaving for a date (e.g. “Baby On Board” or the end of “Strangers In The Night”) - I want to see the actual date itself.

And while I'd prefer to also see this wish fulfilled with minimal family involvement, I wouldn't mind if they made it a double date story with Alex and Haley (or, less likely, Alex and Luke). That alone makes this wish a little more likely to happen than the first, albeit the odds are still long.

So that's what I want to see – what I actually think will happen is a post for a later date (I'd have to wait for at least some information to come out about next season before I could even begin to hazard a guess.)

No comments:

Post a Comment