Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?). Thank you for being you.

Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?).  Thank you for being you.
Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?). Thank you for being you.

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

“What's Wrong, What's Wrong Now? Too Many, Too Many Problems.”

So, it's now April, or, if you're in France or other places that speak French (such as parts of Canada), Avril. Three years ago, during this month all of my posts came from lyrics from my favorite singer, also named Avril (Lavigne, of course). After a two year hiatus, I've decided to bring this theme back for this year's month of Avril. This time, I'm going to start with a lyric from my favorite Avril song, “Nobody's Home”, and work my way down through the list (e.g., tonight's recap will feature a lyric from “When You're Gone”, my second most favorite Avril song1).

Each time I'll try to find a lyric relevant to the post topic (which I try for normally), but it won't always be possible so expect some random lyrics to crop up this month.  And also I know I've used lyrics from many of these songs once already so there will be second go rounds for many.

And the first lyric mostly falls under that category – while this post is about the pre-show post for tonight's “Daddy Issues”, I couldn't find a lyric to “Nobody's Home” that will relate to anything I'm about to say. On the other hand, the one I chose does fit in with the way life has gone for Alex this season (yes, she's had way too many problems to deal with since September), so it's not totally random.

Anyway, back to tonight.

One piece of drama has been removed from consideration, as Alex is in the promo commercial (about six seconds into it) so no Alex-less episode #4 tonight2:


Had she not been in this commercial, I would have given Alex about a 10 percent chance of not appearing tonight.  I'd start worrying more about next week though.

But does this mean we have now have something big to look forward to tonight?

Anticipation Level: Low. Probably not – of the three stories listed the one we see her in is the last one I'd expect (the story of how an ex-boyfriend of Gloria's looks a lot like Manny), and the one with the least potential from her point of view.  I don't really see her being a big part of this story, and, in fact, that still might be the only time we see her tonight.

Emotional Moment Potential: Very Low. Even if there is some drama in that story, I doubt Alex would be part of it. So, unless she sneaks into another story...

Game Changing Potential: Extremely Low. And there's even less chance that anything happening tonight will affect Alex's life in either the short or long run.

Are There Any Other Questions? Nothing comes to mind.

Expect a mostly pretty ho-hum recap tonight, unless they decide they have to go and make things so complicated3.
________________________________________________________
1 Since I don't know how many posts I'll end up doing this month, I wouldn't be able to go from bottom to top, since I wouldn't know which song to use first. So I'm going from top to whatever.

2 Which makes it more likely I'll have to find a random line from “When You're Gone” to use – there would have been more than one obvious choice if tonight did end up Alex-less.

3 Ironically, that song, which is arguably Avril's most famous song, is not one of my favorites so don't expect any more post titles with that song's lyrics this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment