Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?). Thank you for being you.

Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?).  Thank you for being you.
Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?). Thank you for being you.

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

“Am I The Same Girl? Yes I Am, Yes I Am.”

I'm about 80% indifferent to the story about Ariel Winter and her surgery that broke out today (and no, I'm not posting any links about it – sorry folks, but here Google is your friend). It changes nothing as far as I'm concerned – Ariel is still the same talented actress and vocalist that she's always been, and more importantly she still is an amazing human being. And it's her life to live – even if I had the opportunity and desire to stick my nose into what she does I wouldn't.

The other 20% is strictly happiness that Ariel is happy about doing it, and that's she no longer in pain (both physical and emotional).

And that's all I have to say about that. For those just looking for my opinions about this, you can skip the rest of this post. (It's OK - I'm not mad at you.) For those who want to hear what little new info there is about Alex this coming season, please continue.



Actually, until I found this short TV Guide article today, the only news was more of an inference that a hoped for story probably would not happen - one article had pictures from the first episode filming which showed Claire getting involved with Haley's attempts to foil Andy's marriage proposal to Beth.

In all likelihood, this would mean little to no mention of Alex and Claire's summer trip to Europe (and almost certainly no big story about it).

And even the TV Guide article didn't break much new ground about Alex – the biggest item was that there would at least be some interaction with her new CalTech roommate (presumably still Alaina unless they've screwed up their continuity again). The other new point of note is that Phil might have a harder time adjusting to life without Alex at home than I would have thought, given that he's been less close to Alex than either Haley or Luke. That might be our best chance for some emotion early this season (or maybe for Christmas?).

And that's about it – there still isn't even word yet about any episode titles (which could provide some clues).

No comments:

Post a Comment