Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?). Thank you for being you.

Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?).  Thank you for being you.
Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?). Thank you for being you.

Monday, August 31, 2015

"If Today Was Your Last Day"

No, don't worry (or, alternatively, don't break out the sarcastic applause) - today's post title does not mean it's the end of this blog.

It's just my commemoration of my last day away from work after three months of physical issues - I go back to my retail grind at noon tomorrow, and, shockingly, I'm almost happy about it.  OK, I am happy my life will finally get back to some semblance of normalcy, so there's that.

And, no, I am not going over to the dark side and becoming a big Nickleback fan, either (having said that the above song is pretty good).

Of course, on the first Tuesday night I won't be near a TV in months (at least for part of it) USA Network decides to air a lengthy Modern Family marathon (9 episodes with one of their crappy original shows stuck in the middle at 10 o'clock) for the first time in weeks.  And it's quite a good one from an Alex standpoint: "Come Fly With Me" at 7 and "Under Pressure" at 10:30ish, and a few intriguing ones ("Two Monkeys And A Panda", "Dude Ranch", "Yard Sale" and "Best Men") mixed in.  While they don't do one-character themed marathons anymore (I think) that's as close to an Alex marathon as I've seen from them in quite some time.
[EDIT: I just saw a commercial on USA during RAW - it turns out it is an official Alex marathon after all].

And then on Wednesday ABC airs a repeat of "Patriot Games", the best episode from last season.

So, see, yes I can still type out a somewhat happy column once in a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment