Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?). Thank you for being you.

Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?).  Thank you for being you.
Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?). Thank you for being you.

Monday, October 10, 2016

"A Spooky Little Girl Like You" (First Impressions - "Halloween 4: The Revenge of Rod Skyhook" - Season 8, Episode 5)

The press release and promo photos are out for the biannual Modern Family Halloween episode.  For Alex fans it looks like a mixed (at best) bag, full of tricks but lacking a bit in treats.

Alex does not have a story listed in the press release, and at first glance looking at the photos it appeared to me that she  had little interest in celebrating the holiday this year.

However, in the press release Reuben is listed as a guest character, and in this photo, we see him talking to Alex.  (I have little clue whom he is supposed to be - maybe the Mad Hatter?)  So it appears that (ugh) he may make another pass at her (Luke is having a party in this episode, so it is also possible it's just a chance encounter).  If so, hopefully Alex doesn't get guilt tripped into agreeing to anything this time.

Also, in that photo, I noticed that Alex's sweater does have a ghost on it, and what looks like the word "BOO!".  So maybe she won't be going into Halloween Scrooge mode after all (not that I'd blame her, after being locked in a cage for the family haunted house six years ago, plus I'm more than a bit of a Halloween Scrooge myself).  Whether or not she gets encouraged to actually wear a costume later on remains to be seen.

By the way, no, I don't think Alex is spooky - that was the best Halloween-ish line I could come up with tonight - I'll try to do better as the episode approaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment