Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?). Thank you for being you.

Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?).  Thank you for being you.
Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?). Thank you for being you.

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

“Don't Speak - I Know Just What You're Sayin'” (“Blindsided” Recap)

Tonight was one of those episodes where it was a good thing everything else was so good, since, from Alex's standpoint there really wasn't much going on. If you missed the first five minutes, you might have thought this was the Alex-less episode I feared might happen – she had two scenes early and that was that.

On a brighter note, her short bit in the opening was actually the funniest part of what as a whole was one of the funnier episodes of this show I've seen in a while. This one surely goes into the “funny 'Poor Alex'” column. I just wish they had carried on with the joke for even one more scene.

And it was nice that, as I hoped, there was some follow-through with her mononucleosis story, even if it meant we didn't get to hear Alex speak. I am a little torn though whether to hope for or dread for Alex to get a new ailment next week (probably the latter).

Alex's Line Of The Night:

UNDER DOCTOR'S ORDERS NOT TO TALK FOR 2 DAYS.
B/C SORE THROAT B/C MONO.
THE ONE PERSON IN THIS FAMILY WITH ANYTHING TO SAY...
AND I CAN'T TALK.

(Sorry for the “yelling”, but that's how she wrote it.)

Oh, by the way, you may have noticed that the blog passed the 10,000 pageview mark tonight. Actually that number is more than a bit unofficial, as some of those (about 20 or so) were by me while I was still tweaking the settings to not count my views on the various browsers I use (a couple on my computer plus on my phone and tablet). It's still not a lot by Internet blog standards (especially after over 2 years), but I do thank all of you for continuing to tune in once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment