Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?). Thank you for being you.

Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?).  Thank you for being you.
Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?). Thank you for being you.

Monday, April 15, 2019

"And All My Dreams Were Shattered, All At Once" (First Impressions - "Commencement" - Season 10, Episode 21)

Did you ever have a time when you thought you knew what a worst case scenario for something was going to be, only to have it turn out worse?

Well, take a look at the press release for the penultimate episode of the season.

When I saw the title for this episode, my hopes shot way, way, up - I thought for sure there was going to be a story about Alex's commencement at CalTech, and possibly it would be the big story of the episode.

And, then, I read the release - and there was not a single sign of Alex (the big story involves the adults at a commencement at Alex's old high school - never mind that none of the kids, let alone Alex, even go to that school right now).

Even worse, Claire has a story which implies there likely won't even be a small, hidden story about Alex graduating.

So, not only are they apparently ignoring one of Alex's biggest moments of her life (heck, I still think without a story she may not even be there, which was the worst case scenario I alluded to earlier), they actually will add insult to injury by doing a story with a similar theme, without bringing her into it?

Shattered dreams, indeed.  Maybe something will show up that allays my worst thoughts, but right now I am really ticked off.

No comments:

Post a Comment