Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?). Thank you for being you.

Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?).  Thank you for being you.
Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?). Thank you for being you.

Monday, June 8, 2020

"So This Is (Finally) Goodbye"

I wish I had more to say with my final post to this blog, but I couldn't think of much to say.

Even that book about Modern Family didn't really give me much to add,  While the book as a whole was an interesting read, probably not surprisingly it was very lean on details about Alex, or even Ariel for that matter (though having said that, thankfully they did not mention her situation with her biological mother).

The only think of note was that in writing Alex's story in "Under Pressure", Elaine Ko drew on her own personal life, specifically noting how she herself went through the solitary pressure of a grade school spelling bee (she did not say whether or not "responsibility" was her winning word).

And near the end, it was mentioned that there was consideration given to have a farewell party for Alex be part of the finale, they went in the direction we saw instead.

And, as for the final season, I really can't think of anything new to say other than what I said over the past few months.

So, sadly, that's it.

As I said earlier, I'll keep the blog going as long as Blogger will leave it up, but unless something really crazy happens, this really is goodbye.

Again, I thank everyone who read this blog over the past six years.  Yes, I wish there more about Alex on the show during these six years, but, there at least there was enough to keep the blog going.

No comments:

Post a Comment