Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?). Thank you for being you.

Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?).  Thank you for being you.
Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?). Thank you for being you.

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

“Cruel Summer” (“The Long Honeymoon” Recap)

Well, that was a mixed bag.


Poor Alex must feel like Typhoid Mary right about now – practically (and, to a degree, literally) driven out of the house by her own family, just because they were enjoying themselves until she came back. And while they did try to apologize, I don't know why but it felt rather forced.

On the other hand, while the general Dunphy storyline was played for laughs for Alex herself it had the kind of serious tone I'm hoping for with Alex's stories this year – by about halfway through I was really feeling sad for Alex for being put through the wringer by her own family, after having such a hard time of it with her project. While having the same storyline go in two separate emotional directions wasn't the best for this episode, maybe it's a sign they'll give Alex's stories the serious depth for which I'm hoping.

That being said, I did feel Claire had a point about Alex uncharacteristically giving up on something, even if her reasons were far from altruistic.

Finally, I wonder after the disaster this humanitarian trip turned out to be if Alex wishes she had taken on an internship or summer job after all.

Alex's Line Of The Night: ”And, by the way, if any of you start coughing up blood, my bad – I think I brought back the Plague.”

No comments:

Post a Comment