Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?). Thank you for being you.

Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?).  Thank you for being you.
Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?). Thank you for being you.

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

"I guess there's your answer..."

OK, so for about 99.9999% of us, I'd say the answer to the blog title is no.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, let's talk about what's going on here.

As you've probably guessed, this blog is going to be about the wise (and wise-cracking) young kid of Modern Family, Alex Dunphy. Most of the posts will be thoughts on the upcoming episodes (before and after airing) as they pertain to Alex, although there will be posts looking back to previous episodes (e.g. at some point I am so going to make a ton of comments about “Under Pressure”, the best single episode of a television series I've seen in at least 20 years, if not longer), and I'll have some other deep (and not-so-deep) thoughts about Alex sprinkled in from time to time (these may not all be pretty – there are times when Alex gets the short end of the stick both within the family and the show itself, and there will be some ranting about them).

Generally I'll keep comments about Ariel Winter, the highly talented actress who plays Alex, limited to how she portrays Alex (impeccably 99.9% of the time) – this will not be a blog discussing what Ariel does outside Modern Family unless there is a highly compelling reason to do so.

So, 3 weeks to go until Opening Night – over the weekend I'll post some of my thoughts as to what I hope Alex will be up to in Season 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment