Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?). Thank you for being you.

Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?).  Thank you for being you.
Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?). Thank you for being you.

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

“Closing Walls And Ticking Clocks” (“Brushes With Celebrity” Recap)

Actually, I'm not sure I can call it a recap, since it was a one-and-done night for Alex1. And, just like “Ten Years Later”, she had almost nothing to do (except for a couple of words in a shared private scene with Claire)2.

I suppose it could have been worse – we could have had a story where Claire brought Alex to that snooty book club to take the other members down a peg or two, only to have Alex either 1) blow it completely (maybe misusing “sanguine” herself), or 2) end up on the other members side.

No, wait, scratch that – even if that made Alex look bad (and the writers already seem to have been working overtime on trying to do that this season), I'd rather see that.

Alex's Line Of The Night: (concerning Claire's use of the word “sanguine”) ”You're not using it right.” Of course, I could say something similar about how the show uses Alex, but I don't want the local SPCA on my back, even if that horse is long since dead.

Oh, and I know I used a second lyric from Coldplay's “Clocks” for a post title tonight – usually I try to avoid using the same song more than once but it was just too fitting to pass up – not that I should be surprised but after only eight episodes this season is really starting to look like a lost cause for Alex already.
________________________________________________________
1 And, if you had watched Ariel's appearance on Steve Harvey's show today, you would have already seen most of that scene. Sadly, that was about the only thing of note about her appearance – no hints at all about what the show might do with Alex later this season. And, since I have to watch my sugar intake, even in the extremely unlikely chance I ever meet Ariel I'll never get to find out how good a baker of pies she is.

2 And that wasn't the last of this episode's problems by any means – even beyond that this was probably the worst episode of the season, with only a couple of funny moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment