Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?). Thank you for being you.

Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?).  Thank you for being you.
Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?). Thank you for being you.

Friday, February 3, 2017

"One Foot On The Brake, And One On The Gas"

I still have no idea what the plan is for Modern Family on February 15th - while there are press releases out for all the other Wednesday comedies that night, there's nothing for MF.  And ABC's press site has no mention on even a rerun for that night.  I don't want to think about the implications yet if it's going to be a repeat (or worse, a preemption), but if either happens I'm not going to be happy.  I\ll keep you posted.   (Hopefully I just got some of that reverse psychology stuff going and I'll hear something today).

On the other hand, there is a promo commercial out for next week's "Do You Believe In Magic":




The key point happens about 4 seconds in, as we see Alex aggressively start to kiss some guy in a strange room whom I do not recognize.   I'm not sure where that is set - it could be at college (which would answer one big question) or, possibly, given the "too close to family" angle of the story, could be at her grandfather's closet business office.  I don't think it's at the coffee shop, but that's not an impossible scenario either.

But it's too early to say if that guy even turns out to be the secret admirer - it may turn out to be a red herring (i.e. Alex thinks it's him, but he isn't) .  Which still leaves open the (ugh) possibility that Haley's boyfriend Rainer is the one (in the promo right before Alex's kiss they show Haley throwing a drink on him - could that be why?)

So one plot thickens while another sits in a forgotten refrigerator.

P.S. By the way, I can't drive 55 either, or 45 or even 15 - I never learned how.

No comments:

Post a Comment