Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?). Thank you for being you.

Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?).  Thank you for being you.
Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?). Thank you for being you.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

“So I'm Gonna Walk Right Down Your Street”

According to ABC's press site, it looks like “Finding Fizbo” has been moved back to March 1st. There's nothing official about what happens to next week, but my satellite box guide shows “Heavy Is The Head” airing then, but no plot information.

Now, what about tonight's “Do It Yourself”?

Seeing how pedestrian tonight's episode appears to be (both specifically in regards to Alex and in general), I figured today's lyric snippet seemed fitting (prepare to stifle a couple of yawns for the next couple of paragraphs):

Anticipation Level: Very Low.

Emotional Moment Potential: Very Low. Yup, it's likely there will not be much to see here.

OK, now for the interesting part, if not for the best of reasons:

Chance Of An Alex-less Episode: Low to Medium. Recent history has not been kind to Alex in the third quarter, at least as far as seeing her goes – there has been at least 1 Alex-less episode each of the last three seasons in this quarter, and twice in Seasons 5 and 6 (and 7 just missed - “The Party” was just outside the third quarter last season). So, it seems likely that sooner rather than later she'll go missing for an 18th week, if not a 19th as well.

However, I just don't see it happening this week, even though there's been no mention of Alex yet. As I noted this past weekend, the main Dunphy story involves a typical all-family setting, namely Sunday dinner (Claire tries to spice up her cooking). I could end up getting totally fooled (again – hence my adding “Medium” as insurance), but I think Alex has to appear in at least one scene.

Oddly enough, her not going back to school yet(??) doesn't factor all that much into this – she'd probably be home for Sunday dinner most of the time even if she was still at school.

Are There Any Other Questions? I suppose I could ask if we'll find out if anything is happening with Alex's life, but I'm just so meh about tonight I can't even see anything on the radar.

No comments:

Post a Comment