Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?). Thank you for being you.

Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?).  Thank you for being you.
Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?). Thank you for being you.

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

“And There's A(nother) Little Green Man In My Head”

And he's making my life miserable. Yep, I've got another head cold, so this one's going to be short. So what's “In Your Head”?

Anticipation Level: Low to Medium. Normally knowing that there is a story at CalTech would leave me giddy with anticipation. Not so this week, since the story will probably have little to do with Alex. I'm still not sure why Haley is asking Alex for advice on a fashion website job interview in the first place, or why she has to wait until Alex is in a class and not ask her while she's in her dorm room (and it's not like Alex might never be at home at some point beforehand).

Yet I have “medium” as part of the level for two reasons: 1) there's a slim chance Alex could be more involved than the synopsis suggests, and 2) we're about go on a mini-hiatus, with likely only one new episode airing in the next five weeks (February 7th, just before the Olympics start), so we're in ”take what we can get mode” to some extent.

Finally, unlike the last 2 years, Episode 13 will not be Alex-less. So we have going for us, too (I can't guarantee we won't get a one-and-done though).

Emotional Moment Potential: Low. I suppose if Haley getting in trouble with Alex's professor escalates into trouble for Alex something could happen, but I'm not counting on it.

Game Changing Potential: Low. Ditto.

As usual when I'm sick, I'm not sure about my schedule for tonight – I could very well sleep through the episode and not get around to it until later (getting rest does have priority), and Heaven knows when I'll get around to the recap. Or everything could be business as usual and you'd never know I wasn't feeling well.

No comments:

Post a Comment