Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?). Thank you for being you.

Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?).  Thank you for being you.
Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?). Thank you for being you.

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

“Doctor, Doctor, Give Me The News”

First things first, I will be watching tonight's “Dear Beloved Family” on time after all. I wound up canceling that foot procedure appointment for this past Monday (that storm that hit us would have made getting around in a walking boot too much of an adventure, so I'm going to wait until spring to do it). And my store manager was nice enough to let me switch work days (I wanted it not just because of tonight – now I don't have to work four nights straight this week) so I have today off and will be home at 9:00.

So, as for tonight's 200th episode, is there any reason to get excited?


Anticipation Level: Low to Medium Well, based off the promo I saw last night1, not really. While the promo did mention Phil's medical emergency, it didn't exactly make it look like they were going to play the story super-seriously.

And there was no sign of Alex in the promo so no idea how emotional she will be about things.

Plus it was curious that the promo made no mention about this being the 200th episode – one would think ABC would have shouted to the high heavens about that.

Emotional Moment Potential: Medium to High. OTOH, if the promo is underplaying the seriousness of the situation, then certainly the potential still exists for a “break out the tissues” moment or two. Again, though, how much of this will have to do with Alex is another story.

Game Changing Potential: Low. If Phil's survival were in question, then the potential for things happening tonight affecting Alex's future would have been higher. But since Phil does have a story next week, obviously he's not going to die tonight (not that I would have expected that anyway – if he didn't have a story next week I'd have still put his survival chances at about 99.99%).

I should have the recap up at the usual time tonight, until this episode gets very, VERY emotional. I wouldn't mind that, really, but I'm not holding my breath waiting for it either.
________________________________________________________
1 I haven't found it online yet – look here for an update if I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment