Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?). Thank you for being you.

Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?).  Thank you for being you.
Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?). Thank you for being you.

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

“Only To Rise And Fall Again”

This pre-show to “Dead On A Rival” is going to be a quickie, since A) I'm starting a vacation today, and I'm focused more on getting out and about than I am about tonight's episode, which, B) doesn't look all that interesting anyway:

Anticipation Level: Low .Only the fact that it's three weeks until the next new episode keeps this from being lower.  I don't see Alex having much to do tonight (and that's if she's even there).

Emotional Moment Potential: Very Low.   I think the show in general used up a lot emotion last week, so don't look for much tonight, and even less so as far as Alex is concerned.

Game Changing Potential: Low.  One of the stories could lead somewhere if Alex is a part of it (see below), but I'm not holding my breath
.
Chance Of An Alex-less Episode: High.  I'm actually more pessimistic about tonight being Alex-less than last week, and we know how that turned out.  I'm guessing slightly worse than 50/50.

In Which Story Do I Want To See Alex Be A Part?  Well, since Phil's story is about a former neighbor who's big into tech, that seems like the story most up her alley.  Depending on what happened after the family's hi-jinks at her apartment two weeks ago, maybe she needs another new job?
 
Are There Any Other Questions?  So why start a vacation on a Wednesday?  Well, I wanted a week off (after another crazy holiday season), including a weekend, and, for obvious reasons (22 of them if it's not that obvious), I wanted next Tuesday off.  But I didn't want to be off next weekend for work reasons, so I basically split the difference.

I'll be back around the usual time tonight, although I doubt I'll have much more to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment