Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?). Thank you for being you.

Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?).  Thank you for being you.
Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?). Thank you for being you.

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

“No Disappointments. No Expectations On Your Whereabouts.” (“Fight Or Flight” Recap)

I guess I have to work after all. <sarc>Poor baby</sarc>.



OK, so last night won't move the big picture meter much, but, considering by showtime I was 100% convinced we weren't seeing Alex, I'll take any sort of small win at this point. It wasn't much of a story in and of itself (though the rest of the show was quite good, if predictable) but it sure beat last week's goose egg.

I am surprised it was Alex who tried to go the nice route when sending her breakup text – yes, I know she said she liked Rose (Luke's girlfriend #1) but the way this season's gone I would have thought Haley would have done the nice text, then later have Alex go bitter crazy woman on Luke's now ex-girlfriend. In fact, instead of texting her, I can picture Alex calling Rose and going totally ballistic on her – and going from acting angry to actually being angry as she kept screaming at her.

I probably would have used the opening lyric from “Smile” (Avril Lavigne's song, not Lily Allen's, but both songs are awesome) for my post title had that happened (modified, of course – I will not use the “B word” when speaking of Alex).

And at least Alex wasn't left holding the “totally dissed by text” bag – Haley got stung too for a change (too bad poor Luke got the worst of it).

So, yeah, in the end I'm glad I was wrong. Maybe we've finally found a light in the tunnel at the end? (Well that's one way to work a lyric from a song titled “Smile” into this post. Sorry, Avril, maybe next time.)

Alex's Line Of The Week: ”I'll tell you what he means. Any time a woman challenges a man in any way, suddenly she's crazy. So what did she do that was so crazy, Luke? Give you her opinion?”

I'm still not looking that forward to next week's experiment, but who knows? Maybe “strange things will happen”...

No comments:

Post a Comment