Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?). Thank you for being you.

Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?).  Thank you for being you.
Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?). Thank you for being you.

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

“We're On The Road To Nowhere(?)”

I wish I could say that the past four weeks since the last new episode have flown by, but, not really.

Anyway, we're finally at the final three episodes, starting with tonight's “All Things Being Equal”. Sadly, it looks likely this will be last episode this season (if not ever) with any sort of Alex story, barring a hidden story in the final two, which seems highly unlikely1:

Anticipation Level: Medium. And yet, I'm not totally on the edge of my seat waiting for it, for a couple of reasons. First, I said it was only a “sort of” Alex story – it's a five character story (all of the female characters on the show) which means it probably doesn't have that much to do with Alex - she might even literally be just along for the ride. And second, the fact that this could be the last even marginally Alex story ever kind of casts a pall over it – like the last days of a vacation I'm not looking forward to its (still very possible) end.

Emotional Moment Potential: Low to Medium. How involved Alex ends up being on the ladies going to this women's rights event may tell how emotional she gets – if she is a/the driving force behind it she may very well have a meltdown if they can't get there due to the car breakdown. I think it's possible (based on her “man is the doctor, woman is the nurse” comment from the Halloween episode a couple of years ago she has at least some interest in women's rights) but I wouldn't bet the house on it.

Game Changing Potential: Very Low. I really can't see tonight changing Alex's life that much no matter what happens.

Are There Any Other Questions? Nothing I can think of right now.

And with that, I'll see you at the usual time for the recap.
________________________________________________________
1 Not only do I not think we'll see a hidden Alex story next week, but the more I think about it, the more I think we could be looking at Alex-less Episode #4, and she may have plenty of company on the sidelines. I'll elaborate further next week unless I see something otherwise, but “Alone Time” could be an adults only episode like “Las Vegas” a few years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment