Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?). Thank you for being you.

Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?).  Thank you for being you.
Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?). Thank you for being you.

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

“Who's Gonna Drive You Home, Tonight?” (“All Things Being Equal” Recap)

Well that was underwhelming, and that's being generous – if this somehow does turns out to be Alex's final story it barely will even rate as a “last yippee”.  She wasn't totally just a piece of scenery as has been the case a couple of times previously this season, but it was close.


Alex is the smart one - why didn't she see what was obviously going to happen at the end?  The minute that girl started going into the car I knew she was going to drive off in it.

I was going to add a similar question as to why she didn't know how to fix a flat tire1, but then I remembered Alex isn't the most handy person around (I think she's still barred from handling bags of sugar).

And that's about all I can come up with – this was a pretty weak story, and Alex really had little to do on top of that.

Alex's Line Of The Night: (referring to Claire's likeness on Phil's second coin in the closing credits scene)”Ugh. Susan B. Unflattering.”  Not one of her best lines, but like everything else tonight she wasn't given much with which to work.

Two to go, maybe only one with Alex. I hope I can remember to breathe from all the excitement.
________________________________________________________
1 OK, I can't fix a flat tire either, but I don't even know how to drive (yes I am more than old enough to do so, but I'm such a klutz I've always envisioned myself wrapping a car around a tree at my first opportunity).

No comments:

Post a Comment