Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?). Thank you for being you.

Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?).  Thank you for being you.
Farewell, Alex Dunphy (Fennerman?). Thank you for being you.

Wednesday, December 11, 2019

“A Crowded Room, Friends With Tired Eyes”

One last thought about Ariel's post – obviously, hopefully whatever episode she's filming this week is not the only episode we see her in that office.

”The Last Christmas” airs tonight, and it's also the last episode of the twenty-teens.

Anticipation Level: Medium.  Usually, there's at least a little something under the tree for everyone in these Christmas episodes, so I would expect something for Alex tonight.   It's probably nothing Earth-shattering (unlike last year when she almost died holding in Haley's secret), but hopefully it will be something memorable.   (Maybe she'll sing again?   Yeah, I doubt it.)

And, as always this time of year, we're about to take the lengthy holiday break (until January 8th), so there's that as well.

Emotional Moment Potential: Medium.  There's an emotional family dinner planned for tonight (Cam has a big announcement, apparently), but I have no idea how emotional Alex will get.  Or whether or not we should be.

Game Changing Potential: Low to Medium.  Since I don't think tonight really is much about Alex I don't think much will happen here, unless she announces her new job (the one for which she'll have her own office).  And, unlike the Halloween and Thanksgiving episodes, we almost certainly will not hear about any new/ending relationships.

Are There Any Other Questions?  Are we really halfway through the final season already?   I've heard nothing saying otherwise, so yes, as of now we will be down to nine episodes after tonight.  And, as far as I know, they will be spread out over four and a half months, unless ABC plans to end things before mid-May, a doubtful but not out of the question possibility.  I may speculate about that during the break.

I'll probably have the recap up in the morning, as I think there will be enough here that I'll want to sleep on it before posting my thoughts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment